- Who is eligible?
To be eligible for funding, an applicant organization must meet the followingeligibility requirements:
- It must be a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charitable organization.
- It must provide services to residents of the Eden Area and include a significant representation of Alameda County residents on its governing board.
- It must have an annual financial audit in accordance with approved accounting practices.
- Applicant characteristics
- Areas of Interest
- Limitations and exclusions
The Foundation will not provide funding for the following:
- An organization that is for profit
- Profit-making enterprises of a nonprofit organization
- An organization that is classified as a private foundation
- An organization whose principal activity is fundraising
- An organization whose principal activity is for the benefit of its own membership (such as veterans, fraternal, labor, service club, military, or similar organizations)
- Non-eligible purposes
The following purposes are not eligible for funding:
- Partisan political activities
- Annual fund appeals, fundraising events, dinners, advertising or associated activities
- Administrative costs in excess of twenty percent of the funding request
- Programs that directly benefit members of the Foundation Board, the staff of the Foundation, or their families
- Agency celebrations
- Geographical limitations
- Funding cycle